Hatch Baby is on a mission to support new parents doing the hardest and most important job they’ll ever have. We're passionate about combining modern design with helpful technology to revolutionize how parents care for babies and kids. Our two smart products – Grow and Rest – are nursery staples that have given countless parents the peace of mind that their children are thriving.
We are seeking a Senior iOS Developer to help bring a suite of new software and smart hardware products to market. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer that is passionate about using technology to solve problems for new parents. You will be working alongside a talented and customer-focused team that will continue to solve problems for new parents.
This position can be remote for the right candidate, though proximity to the Bay Area is preferred.
Who You Are
- Are you committed to elegant, reliable, and intuitive software?
- Are you an experienced software engineer with a strong track record of shipping apps?
- Do you like solving challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive client and manipulating large amounts of data in the background?
- Do you like to work within a fast-paced, collaborative environment with small project teams?
- Do you have exceptional analytical, debugging/troubleshooting, coding, and communication skills?
- Does working for a company that is on the cusp of something truly transformative get you excited? If so, read on!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in building mobile apps for iOS
- Experience building apps in both Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with CoreData and related tools.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON encoding / decoding
- Design patterns and testing
- Great at debugging, profiling, and tuning
- Dependency Managers (Cocoapods, Carthage, Swift PM) and workspace set up.
- Experience with Fastlane (Match, Gym, TestFlight, Ruby/Python scripting).
- Experience working closely with product management to ship features in consumer-oriented software
- Ability to improve performance via profiling guided optimization
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive API interfaces
- Experience using a modern version control system
- Desire to work with design and product in order to define requirements
- Open minded about exploring and using new technologies
- A strong sense for when refactoring is needed
- Experience collaborating with remote team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the following is a plus: CoreBluetooth, NSStream, AudioToolbox, AudioUnit, AVFoundation
If you have interest in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. Please include the following in your email to email@example.com and attach your resume:
- Listing of apps in the App Store that you’ve contributed to
- Open sources project (app, library, framework, etc...). Show us something you made that you are proud of.