Hatch Baby is on a mission to support new parents doing the hardest and most important job they’ll ever have. We're passionate about combining modern design with helpful technology to revolutionize how parents care for babies and kids. Our two products – Grow and Rest – are nursery staples that have given countless parents the peace of mind that their children are thriving.
We are now seeking Expert Advisors to be part of a new service offering at Hatch Baby. The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for new and expecting parents and be able to offer clear, intelligent advice in one or more of the following categories: Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery, Lactation and Feeding, Sleep, Child Health & Care, Behavior & Parenting, Personal Wellness.
1. Excellent communicator – An Expert Advisor will interact with our customers daily, providing professional advice and guidance to parents. Clear, concise communication is mandatory.
2. Strong written skills – An Expert Advisor will communicate with our customer through our Expert Answer portal, which is an online question and answer interface. Good grammar, attention to detail, and the ability to succinctly and completely answer a question are critical.
3. Customer support or service experience – No question is a dumb question, parents, especially new parents, come up with a wide range of inquiries. An Expert Advisor answers all of them professionally and thoughtfully.
4. Technical skills – An Expert Advisor will need to interact with our Expert Advisor software and with general email and/or Slack. We are a technology start-up, and our customers are often Millennials, so understanding and using technology is part of the job.
5. Excellent judgment – The Expert Advisor must be able to deem when a question or issue needs a greater degree of expertise. Understanding and interpreting customer requests and channeling them appropriately is a required skill.
6. Parental and child care experience – The focus of the role entails interacting with parents on a daily basis to help solve their parenting issues. Knowing how to parent and how to manage and support children is essential.
7. Certification or Licensing – Our business model is based on providing expert advice. An ideal candidate holds a degree, license, or certification in their area of expertise.
● 5 years in a customer facing position
● Passionate about customer service
● Enjoy helping and working with people
● Positive, can-do attitude
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Organized, detail-oriented
● A generalist who can wear multiple hats in a scrappy, start-up environment
● Part-time position
● Work from home
● Flexible hours, including options for late night, early morning and weekend hours or standard business hours
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you think this is a job you are enthusiastic about and well suited for to email@example.com.