Hatch Baby is on a mission to support new parents doing the hardest and most important job they’ll ever have. We're passionate about combining modern design and helpful technology to revolutionize how parents care for babies and kids. Our products and services are new nursery staples that have given countless parents the peace of mind that their children are thriving.
At Hatch Baby, we’re real live, actual parents. We’ve marveled at the miracle of a growing belly. We’ve struggled to feed our babies. We’ve tried everything to get our kids to sleep. We’ve shed (more than a few) tears watching them grow. We’ve done it and are doing it. Some days we’re in the weeds. Some days we feel like we’ve won at parenting.
We passionately love our kids. We passionately love our jobs. We champion work/life balance. We are humbled (in all the ways) by the responsibility of caring for our tiny humans. We know what it’s like.
We're growing fast, and looking for innovators to join our family-friendly team.
Passionate, creative, resourceful. A brand builder. Full of fresh design ideas. A team player. Ready and eager for feedback. Flexible and able to prioritize. Skilled at managing multiple projects. Able to execute quickly and efficiently. Interested in and experienced with social media. On top of current design trends and up on what’s happening in the baby industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with the marketing, content and product teams on design concepts for digital campaigns and products.
- Designing digital and print assets including social media creative (primarily for Instagram), web banners, emails, landing pages, digital ads, packaging, and more.
- Creating short clips, videos, and GIFs, and cutting and editing videos for use on all social channels.
- Developing and iterating on designs based on direction and feedback from the marketing and content teams, as well as the CEO.
- Designing in alignment to evolving brand standards, maintaining brand consistency, with emphasis on enhancing the Hatch Baby customer experience.
- Participating and contributing in brainstorm sessions and consistently using sense of creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends.
What you should already have:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in Graphic Design, Visual Design, or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a graphic designer working on print and digital projects at an agency or as an in-house designer.
- Strong portfolio of design work showcasing both print and digital projects.
- Strong understanding of design principles including composition, color, and hierarchy of messaging, emphasizing the use of typography and photography in layout.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with HTML/CSS, Sketch, and Mailchimp is a plus.
- Motion design and illustration skills are a plus.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume.