Hatch Baby is on a mission to support new parents doing the hardest and most important job they’ll ever have. We're passionate about combining modern design with helpful technology to revolutionize how parents care for babies and kids. Our two products – Grow and Rest – are new nursery staples that have given countless parents the peace of mind that their children are thriving.
We're growing fast, and looking for innovators to grow with us. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to develop and execute accounting procedures to bring our accounting in-house. You will be the first in-house accountant and oversee significant responsibility in establishing our accounting practices for a rapidly growing startup. The role is based at our Menlo Park headquarters.
You will be hands-on in all aspects of accounting and finance for the company from processing payments to generating financial reports for the board. You will be responsible for creating procedures and processes to aid in achieving our financial targets and goals and increase operating cash flow. Your contribution will help us develop stronger financial instincts as a company and therefore make smarter and more informed decisions.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical and meticulous. You should be passionate about instituting best practices, creating efficiency, and constantly improving our tools, systems, and processes. We pride ourselves in providing an excellent experience for our customers--and someone who can embody this ideal no matter the function will enjoy working here. This is a new role in the company and your experience and frameworks will be used to develop the position allowing for future growth opportunities.
- –Month end closing: Prepare, review and approve journal entries including payroll, cash and bank, inventory, product sales, cost of goods sold, month end accruals. Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations. Establish and maintain a journal entry system that provides proper supporting information for all JE’s made to the accounting records.
- –Cash Management: Manage the company’s bank activities, prepare cash / bank account reconciliation, insure accuracy of cash reporting.
- –Collections: Manage the Accounts Receivable Aging Reports and perform collections procedures as needed
- –Payroll: Prepare and process payroll
- –Accounts Payable: Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing, and insure timely payments are made, ensure expenses are recorded in the proper accounting period.
- –Audits: Prepare schedules in support of the internal and external audit process along with assisting in the management of the audit processes.
- –Financial monthly reporting along with Key Business Metrics on gross margins, revenue growth, user engagement and utilization. Assist CEO with preparation of BOD materials
- –Business partnering: Oversee 3PL operations, retail reporting
- –Internal Control: Assist in developing and maintaining internal control procedures as the business environment changes as a result of process, system, and possible legal structure changes. Instill a continuous process improvement mindset consistent with accounting policies and procedures and headquarter requirements.
- –Tax filings: Insure timely filing of all regulatory reporting including local, state and federal taxation forms
- –BS in Accounting or related field, advanced degree preferred.
- –CPA Preferred with 6+ years of accounting experience, including public and private companies and a variety of industries.
- –Expert knowledge of US GAAP with experiences in cost accounting and consumer retail business preferred.
- –Expert knowledge of QuickBooks Online OR similar ERP experience required along with recent ERP system implementation experience
- –Execution focused with an ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- –Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
Benefits and Perks
- –Market competitive total compensation package
- –Individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- –Flexible schedule
- –Generous vacation policy
Email us at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume.